Re: Binand's program

Hi,

My way worked.
So did yours Binand.
By the time I type your command

kill -TERM `ps x | grep file | awk ' { print $1 } '`

The pid is changed. BUT, the pid is accessed and killed in mocroseconds
after I press ENTER. So even if I had a page long command, it wouldn't
matter.

The -TERM is unnecessary since it is default.
I only needed to know that ` ` is the thing to enclose in if you wanted
something replaced by its output. I was always using ' '.
I still haven't checked out what skill does.

- -Rajesh
Live and Let live
... and use Linux