Copyright? What is that?

Hello everybody,

	I have some questions regarding legal aspects of distributing programs
written by me.

* What is a Copyright? How can I obtain a Copyright for my program?
* What does the label 'Copyright 19xx SomeName' mean?

* What must I do to distribute my programs under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC
LICENCE.

	The file COPYING distributed with all GPL programs, says about
'Copyright disclaimer'. Is it necessary that I include a Copyright
disclaimer along with my programs, assuming I use at least some services
at my college to write/test my program?

Thanks

- --
Manoj Victor Mathew