Problems(?)/features(?) in Chip special RH 6.0

Hi all,

   The problems(?)/features(?) that I have faced in CHIP Linux
special Redhat 6.0.

Suggestions/solutions are welcome.

  1. I have installed RH 6.0 from CHIP linux.  It was working for 2-3
days.  Yesterday it was giving error for even logging. Then I tried
booting with "linux single" and saw the problem of
/lib/security/some*lib.so not found.

  2. Another important thing is there is no LDP Documentation at all.
(i.e., HOWTO directory under /usr/doc/).

  3. There is no ipfwadm for firewall.  But people told me that
ipfwadm is changed to ipchain.

  4. In earlier versions, we can have ids without any passwd. i.e., we
can delete the password field from the /etc/passwd file.  There is
only one character (x) is presented in the password field.  I deleted
it, even then it is asking password for that particular account. Is
this is new security feature they have added in 6.0?

  5. In pppd, after connecting to the ISP it is giving errors like
can't locate ppp compress module 21, 22 & 23.

  6. If you mount the CDROM with mount /mnt/cdrom, it's saying Kernel
panic.... insmod.....

Any suggestions/solutions for these. Either I should go back to my
older PCQ version 5.2 or I should wait till the PCQ releases it 6.0
version. Because, I never faced these kind of problems in the
PCQ CDs. Hats off to PCQ CDs, PCQ Project and of course, to the PCQ
teams.

Regards
Ganesh