RE: Nope! Inetnet Gateway prb still there!

> Nope Atul! When I try to telnet my Linux machinr i.e. telnet
> 175.0.0.1 from my
> Win machine it gives me the msg "connection to host lost" after a
> sec or two.

Bingo. Where on earth did you get those addresses from?

reserved LAN addresses are

10.0.0.0        -   10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0      -   172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0     -   192.168.255.255

Naturally, having addresses like 175.0.0.1 on your address is going to clash
because they are "official" addresses and probably belong to someone.

Change your addresses to 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2, etc. and things will
start working. Use Linuxconf to change your 1st network adaptor's address to
something like 192.168.1.1, change your Win box's TCP/IP properties to
192.168.1.2, etc.

Don't forget to change /etc/rc.d/rc.fw !

Atul