Problem with mnicom and ....

Hi friends,

I had raised this point a few days ago and there is no response
1. when I invoke minicom I can connect and that is it all other options
*fail* the ctr A-Z for menu etc soed not work and only wasy out is to shift
to a virtual console and kill the app why is this problem and what is the
solution (RH 6.0 from Aug 99 Chip)
2. After I connect to net using kpppd I am at times thrown out after 5-10
mts I have to reconnect... when I shut down I get httpd [Failed] error
3 unable to configure samba to connect to my NT m/c I am unable to ping the
m/c
my linux box has 192.0.0.1 as ip server is called linux.anaggha.com (BTW
can I use my registered domain name as my linux server name ?)
     Win Nt   has   196.0.0.1 as the IP assinged to it workgroup is Server
and domain is ANAGGHA
4. I am unable to install qmail which I downloaded the other day.

any help from gurus is welcome to complete my setup ASAP. I want the linux
box to act as my mail,file and print server and also as my Internet gateway
where the users from NT and 95 m/cs will access net when they need and mail
from NT and 95 to be routed thru linux server *only*

Awaiting an early response..
Yoganand G