kppp buggy in RH 6.0

Hi All,

    I tried to get kppp working in Chip's Redhat 6.0 Aug version.
It does not work. Firstly , in the menu , pap and chap are
reversed (when you are setting up an account). It invokes ppp
with -chap if you give pap when setting up the account and
vice versa. Even after choosing chap (the ISP uses PAP) , it
never connected , with 'no permission to open log file etc'.
I even made pppd suid. I was running kppp in a non-root
account. Never faced any such prob is PCQ RH 5.2.

     Another thing is that while it automatically detected the
sound card (Yamaha OPL3-SAx - this is a  different m/c from
the one I had probs with a few days ago), and cdplayer etc are
working , kmid is starting off some hectic disk activity , which
did not stop even if I killed the kmid procs. I think it stopped
when I logged out. playmidi says no /dev/sequencer. lsmod shows
that midi related modules are loaded.

Overall , I feel I should I have installed stable RH 5.2 instead.

- - Prasad