RE: regarding lilo

> dear pascal
>            I have already installed lilo on windoze
> partition since this is my active partition.

You really mean windows partition (something like /dev/hda1 ?) or disk
MBR ?

> Is there any way in which i can uninstall lilo from
> windoze partition and install it in linux partition.
> Or should i have to install Linux again to make these
> changes.
When lilo is installed, it back up all the changes it made so to
uninstall cleanly lilo, boot LINUX and
as root type the command: "lilo -u"
It should uninstall.
If it does not and if it is on windows partition, i have never done that,
but maybe from windows, typing "sys c:" would do the trick ? if you need
it, try and tell us.

Re-installing LINUX is not necessary here.
To make linux partition active, use fdisk on the whole disk (for
/dev/sda1, use "fdisk /dev/sda", choose option a (togle bootable flag,
choose the partition number "1", choose "w" (save and exit))

To put lilo somewhere, you just have to change lilo configuration in the
file /etc/lilo.conf
(man lilo.conf may help here)
> How to make Linux partition active instead of windoze
> partition?
>
> thanks for your prompt reply.

You are welcome
pascal