Re: Mantra Online problems

Raj Mathur proclaimed:
> One of the Linux-Delhi subscribers (ashishg IIRC) who has an account
> at MantraOnline seems to have exceeded his disk quota, and every
> message to the list is bouncing back to me (or perhaps to the
> originator) with that error.  I was wondering, what's a good policy
> for an ISP to follow when user disk quotas get exceeded?  I find these
> error messages quite irritating.

In the case of Linux India I go through the bounced messages once a day and
use majordomo's bounce command to move these users to the bounce mailing
list.  I also have a cron job that sends out a reminder to the users in the
bounce mailing list periodically.

Don't know if doing something at the ISP end is recommended.

Thaths
- --
"Don't go easy on each other just because you're brother and sister.  I
      want to see you both fighting for your parent's love."
                     -- Homer J. Simpson
Sudhakar C13n http://people.netscape.com/thaths/ Lead Indentured Slave