Re: regarding lilo

It depends, you can store Lilo on either the MBR(Master Boot Record) or on
the linux partition. The option is given during installation. I find it
preferrable to install lilo on linux partition and make that partition
active.
With this if linux partition fails, MBR is not affected. All you have to
do is to get a diskette, boot from it, run fdisk and change active
partition to windoze.
Bye,
Vinay