PIII patch

hello ,
i have a PIII running 2.2.10 and 2.2.5.15 kernel version. Earlier the  P3
SIMD instruction were not enabled and we enabled it with a
patch available. After compiling the kernel with this support, i found
that the sound and the netwrk support were not enabled. when i tried
insmod for the tuplip card(for sound i did sndconfig which told me that no
modules were available) , it gave me an error saying the kernel was
compiled with 2.2.10 and hence the module support was not available. I
once compiled the kernel image with 2.2.5.15 with P3 support but the error
still persists.

suggestions would help me a lot.

TIA