Re: Re : Re : Broadcast-doubts

hi just a suggestion,
could u check if netbios broadcasts are replied
give
c:\windows> net view
from u'r winblows it should show the linux machine  and then give
nmbdlookup -d 2*  in linux this should show youir windows 95 machine

just in case netbios is working,then u could throw out all cable related
problems and get to fixing ip/netmask

rgds
krishna