RE: Network with Coax cable

> Hi all !
>
>  I've been tryung to connect two comps using coax cable
> and Realtek
>  cards. The problem is that when I run diagnostics on the
> card using the prog
>  provided with the card , I find that it detects errors
> when it does the 'cable connection' test.
>
>  the two cards just don't see each other although the
> cards are working
>  fine under linux and have been configured correctly. Ping
> doesn't work.
>  NOthing does, in fact. I tested the cable and found it alright.
>
>  Can anybody tell me what's wrong ? And what do 10 base
> t , 10 base 2 ,
>  10 base 5 mean ?
These are different kind of cables that you can connect to your network
card. Does your network card have several inpout/output available  ?
if yes then you hav eto tell it the one it must use (the one where you
put the cable).
10 base T is a twisted pair cable (with RJ45 connector), you need a
crossed-over cable to link two computers without using a hub with this
cable.
10 base 2 is a coaxial cable, you need 2 T and 2 terminators to link your
two computers with this cable. Did you use Ts and   terminators ?

pascal