Fw: RPC error...

Hi,

I had my Linux Box with RH 5.2 from the PCQ CD. It was working beautifully,
Today I got Chip Aug 99 Issue and RH 6.0 with it.
I upgraded from 5.2 to 6.0 and then set the init level to 5.
Now when my system boots up I get the following messgs :

cannot register server
RPC : unable to send; errno = Invalid argument
mountd:unable to register
RPC : sendmesg returned error 101
Portmap :server local host not responding, timed out..

These messages appear 15-18 times and the my system gets into the `X window
system'...

What could be the problem?

 have IBM 300, 64 MB, 4GB, SiS 6215C....etc...

My system still works but I have to wait for eternity for it...

Regards and Thanx

Sunit Mathur.

Linux the choice of the GNU generation