Re: Problems(?)/features(?) in Chip special RH 6.0

why not buy a copy original from gtcdrom.com with all due respect to the
chip and pcqlabs people u are better off with a full featured linux cdrom
for as low as 199 bucks from gtcdrom.com

rgds
krishna
At 10:41 AM 7/31/99 +0530, you wrote:

>--
>
>On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:15:38   Ganesh wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>
>>   The problems(?)/features(?) that I have faced in CHIP Linux
>>special Redhat 6.0.
>>
>>Suggestions/solutions are welcome.
>>
>>  1. I have installed RH 6.0 from CHIP linux.  It was working for 2-3
>>days.  Yesterday it was giving error for even logging. Then I tried
>>booting with "linux single" and saw the problem of
>>/lib/security/some*lib.so not found.
>>
>>  2. Another important thing is there is no LDP Documentation at all.
>>(i.e., HOWTO directory under /usr/doc/).
>>
>>  3. There is no ipfwadm for firewall.  But people told me that
>>ipfwadm is changed to ipchain.
>>
>>  4. In earlier versions, we can have ids without any passwd. i.e., we
>>can delete the password field from the /etc/passwd file.  There is
>>only one character (x) is presented in the password field.  I deleted
>>it, even then it is asking password for that particular account. Is
>>this is new security feature they have added in 6.0?
>>
>>  5. In pppd, after connecting to the ISP it is giving errors like
>>can't locate ppp compress module 21, 22 & 23.
>>
>>  6. If you mount the CDROM with mount /mnt/cdrom, it's saying Kernel
>>panic.... insmod.....
>>
>>Any suggestions/solutions for these. Either I should go back to my
>>older PCQ version 5.2 or I should wait till the PCQ releases it 6.0
>>version. Because, I never faced these kind of problems in the
>>PCQ CDs. Hats off to PCQ CDs, PCQ Project and of course, to the PCQ
>>teams.
>>
>>Regards
>>Ganesh
>>

>Hi Ganesh!
>
>I also encountered the same problem with CD-ROM drive.
>
>Then, I have re-installed the system as a new one and the problem got
solved.  Because I have no data or applications on the system, which I am
just evaluating, it was possible.

>You may better wait for PCQ edition. Otherwise, take a backup of your
entire data & dapplications; then re-install the system.

account at http://www.eudoramail.com