Re: CPU Coolers...

ChenthilWhelan wrote:

> I run a p200mmx o/cto 290 MHz. It is really frying up... till 60C when running
> cpu intence appilications. In Windoze 95 i run rain and the temp is abt 45C. as
> such r there any cpu collers avilable for linux. --

Hi Chenthil,
	R u referring to linux equivalents to win32 apps like 'rain' and the
like.
U can try recompiling the kernel with APM support(with the req. options)
which will trigger the CPU to slow down and thus cooling it when idle. I
think that is what 'rain' also does.

	If ur M/B supports hardware monitoring u can use Klm with lm sensor
modules to monitor voltage setting as well as temp. I have been using it
for 3 months now on my ASUS board.

- -- Shanu