Ridiculous VSNL charges

Hello Linux Gurus,
Well for a start I know someone will point out that this is
not the right forum for such a mail, I too after an after thought
still decided to send it since the forum may not be right
but the people I am addressing are right , linux-India.
History :
We are a small company ( 40 people) with restricted internet usage.
We have an ISDN dialup account - VSNL - 500 hours  - 128KBPS -
Requirement :
We require a static IP address as we are planning to start using VPN
Help:
Solutions to my problem.
VSNL Response:
I spoke to the vsnl people , for a dedicated dial up ISDN line
500 hours 128KBPS , if we want a static IP address we have to pay the
charges for dedicated dial up ie 1,28,000/- per annnum + 20,000/- for
static IP address .
We will get a reserved tel number for us and static IP address.
Isnt this ridiculous , the same line we are using will be used
with no additional s/w or h/w , we pay 1.28L + 20K ...
Have any of you done this ??????
whats the solution ???
Please help .
Writing to this forum as all of us are working on setting up Linux
servers for internet services , masquerading , gatewaying etc...
Awaiting your response ,

nps

- --