I want to demonstrate power of Linux

For LDD project I want to show power of Linux as desktop O/S. My target
audience is home users who use Win98 for multimedia entertainment i.e. Songs
(wav, mp3, midi), movies, gaming and occasional programming.

I have a 486DX4/16MB PC. I found Linux vastly superior to WIN9x for my use.
On my system loading KDE brings down the performance. Now I have switched to
FVWM which is slightly lacking in aesthetics compared to Win9x.

My aim is to convert some of the Windows users to Linux. I do not have much
idea on multimedia support on Linux.  Please help me:
1. Items that should be demonstrated
2. Good software to use for multimedia demo.
3. Catchy messages

- - Soumya

I love Linux. Do U ?