Xwindows solved! and now A Radio Station! ...

MANY THANKS!!  and to think I did not know it after all these months.
May I also place on record my sincere thanks to a person called Raghavendran
(who has an email id similar to Chetan's).  I had sent him an email too but
the address is bouncing; so I take the liberty of putting up my thanks on this
list.

I tried the syntax startx -- :1  and it worked! Yipee!!  Earlier I thought I
had to do some convoluted changes to some script (.rc) files.

ONLY FOR THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED:
A friend of mine is hooked up on linux (courtesy my sales talk).  He is a
radio enthusiast.  Both of us have heard and read about linux machines working
as radio station servers.  We would like to set one up purely for hobby.  If
anybody is interested in joining this mini-project we'd like you to send us
private emails (how to do it; legal problems, if any, in India; and so on..).
In case somebody has already done it maybe you could share with us.

Rajkumar Andrews