PPP Connection using Null modem

Hi there,

  We have two linux boxes, X and Y. They are connected to each other over
the parallel n/w as IPs IP-X and IP-Y. We want to connect them using PPP
via NULL modem cable.

1. What are the scripts that should be run and in what order?

2. How do we verify that our computer is fit for a PPP connection?

3. Can we use IP-X and IP-Y on both the ethernet and serial interfaces
simultaneuosly?

We need to specify the source and Destination IP addresses. Thus the qstn
three.

Please cc the replies to me as I am not in the list.

Thanks in advance,

regards
H.V.CHANDRIKA.