Re: yamaha sound card

On 27 Jul 1999, Muthu Vairavan wrote:

> >afaik, Yamaha is not supported by Linux yet.
>
> I think it is not true.
> I remember one person posting that (s)he had Yamaha 16 bit sound card and it
> worked fine in Linux. If that person is still in Linux India, can (s)he update
> us how (s)he did it.
> thanks
> Muthu

  I don't know who the "she" could be, but if you are talking about a
"he", it could be me. I have a Yamaha 16-bit sound card ( OPL3SA3 ) and I
had NO problems using it with the Red Hat 5.0 tat came with PCQ. In fact,
there was a problem that somebody else had, and Atul G. Mundra
<amundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> used to fwd all mail regarding the problem
since i was out of station. Atul, d'you remember who it was ?

regards
mani sridhar