Re: Yamaha 32-Bit

Hi Sunil,

I also have the same card and had faced same problem in configuring the same
under Red Hat Linux 5.2. But when I installed Red Hat 6 it automatically
recognised my Yamaha OPL-SAx3 sound card.

So try to install Red Hat 6 and you will face no problems in configuring your
sound card since Red Hat Linux 6 supports Yamaha Sound Cards. If you want to
still persist with Red Hat Linux 5.2 then I can send send you my sound
configuration file.

Best of luck

Rajesh

 On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, you wrote: > I'm facing
the same problem. I also have the Yamaha 32 bit OPL3 SAx sound > card. When I
start sndconfig, it says that "No PnP or PCI sound cards were > found in your
system", and asks me to choose a sound card. When I select > the OPL3-SA2/3/x
option, it shows a dialog box asking me to specify the I/O > port, IRQ, DMA
settings etc. After I have done that, it tries to play a > sample sound, after
which I get an error message saying: >  > "The following error occurred running
the modprobe program: >  > lib/modules/preferred/misc/opl3sa2.o: > init-module:
Device or resource busy. > sound: Device or resource busy."