basic doubt !!

hello all,
I got some basic doubt here.Forgive me if it sounds stupid.
 All the while i had this impression that a Unix(any Unixware) network with
dumb terminals IS the actual 100% pure ' client-server ' scenario because
the server does all the work and just 'serves' the 'client' .
Now somebody tells me it is not!! but it becomes one only when the clients
have some processing power( intelligent clients - Win95 / any workstation).
Please enlighten me .
Manoj