ASP and JavaScript ??

Hi,
Thank you for replying to my problem with Netscape. I am an ASP programmer
with a fairly OK knowledge of Javascript. I recently tried to get an ASP
program running on Netscape but it just showed me the code. I even tried
accessing the ASP file by typing the http://.... from the address bar, but
to no avail.
I can also not run Javascripts embedded in html pages. I tried to find the
file association using the 'Edit ->preferences' dialog but could not find
anything worthwhile.
Anybody out there who can help me, I'll be thankful.
Thanks.
Farhad.