sendmail problem

I had managed to configure modem and internet setting with much
difficulty. I am quite smoothly running email programs. But now one
small problem arise. While kernel booting, at the time of sendmail
checking, it stops doing anything for some time. After minutes, it
resumes booting process. Is this happening due to some change in
configuration.

I had read on pcq that sendmail service can be removed  from startup
process. Is it safe to do so?

- --
Pawan Dev

Funny off-topic messages are always on-topic.