help me

Hello Sirs,
	I am a new linux user having a very little knowledge about this OS. I ha=
ve
installed RedHat Linux 6 in one partition of my machine. I got the linux =
bash
prompt correctly. but, the problem is that I could'nt configure my X wind=
ow. I
tried Xconfigurator, xf86config and lot other methods for configuring thi=
bloody GUI,but I am getting only X window's with black fillings. only til=
tle
bars and borders are visible. when I drag a window it leaves traces on th=
screen. Is there any one who can help me ?. My machine has an AGP card of=
 SiS
6326 with 4MB VRAM. I am using a Samtron 40Bn color monitor with hsync
frequency of 30-55 khz and a vsync frquency of 50-120 khz. My machine has=
 64
MB RAM and 4.3 GB total HDD out of which 2.7 is dedicated for linux now. =
My
friend who is a long time linux user also tried to configure my machine b=
ut he
couldn't. A hardware expert checked my display card and monitor and he to=
ld me
there is no problem at all with my hardware. Please help me to get rid of=
 this
problem, b'cause I sincerely wants to migrate to Linux.
(dont tell me to change my display card)

thanks,

k.s.unni MCSD.