RE: shared objects and device drivers

    Hi Vimal,

     Thanks for the help. I found that out, (help is better than man ;-)). I
found the error too. I was using a math function
     cos() in the shared object, which itself accesses libm.so, another
shared object. What I said about a runaway program,
     was wrong. It was actually giving seg. fault with a vary large core
image. (I always Ctrl-C'ed) that before the core was
     generated (sip). Well, I used the same funcs. to open and access this
file (/usr/lib/libm.so), and now it is working fine.
     Btw, it was gdb which helped me find out this error. o:-)

     Suvendra