Re: Problems with the mouse

Dear Vishal

Log in as root , comment out or delete all references to mouse in
/etc/rc.d/rc.local  and  run setup.
The menu will flash. go to "configure linux" .  There the program will
ask for details of mouse. You can skip the items that you do not want to
re-configure. After that run and xconfiguration utility. I use plain
"xf86config".  Once again you will have to provide details of mouse to
the xconfiguration. Then it starts working.

On my new PII the mouse is normally connected to PS2 . I had a lot of
problem. The mouse was jumpy. I just commented out all the entries in
rc.local ,booted down the machine, connected a regular logitech mouse to
com1. Ran setup and xf86config. The mouse works fine.

Vijay