Re: File System driver

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 09:58:14AM +0530, Jaya Kuppuswamy wrote:
> Hi All!
> 	I have a query.. I am developing an NT File System Driver for UNIX,
> (i.e) from the NT platform, I am to create, read & write UNIX files .
> 	I am able to create, read & write files on UNIX hard disk from NT. But
> when I boot the disk from UNIX, I am not able to find the files that
> were created from  NT. By running fsck in UNIX, it says that the files
> that were created have unreferenced inodes. But what I am not able to
> understand is how it is running fine when booted from NT.
>
> Any tips????

Sorry, don't have any tips. But the problem is simple - your NT file
system driver has a bug. If your UNIX is Linux and the filesystem is
ext2fs, then you can use a tool called dumpe2fs to dump the filesystem
and manually examine where the errors (most probably introduced by your
fs driver) are and try to debug your driver.

You can also try to port fsck to NT and see if it helps you detect the
problems.

	-Arun