Re: linux on sis

Hi Adityan,

Sorry for the delayed reply. My phone line was dead for the last three days. I
have collected all my mail just today.

You can mount the floppy with the command
mount /mnt/floppy.

For accessing the floppies from the windows machine you can use the mtools
commands such as mdir, mcopy etc. Type man mtools for help regarding this.

On booting to go to shell instead of xwindows login screen just edit the
/etc/inittab file. Look for the line

 id:5:initdefault:

and replace 5 with 3 in the line save the file reboot the pc. Now you will
start with Command shell.

Regards

Rajesh

Tue, 20 Jul 1999, you wrote: > Hi Rajesh,