password & 8 port serial card

Dear Friends,

1.We have linux redhat 5.2 install for mail server in our office & we have
also configure stallion 8iock serial port for dialin & dialout ppp, but we
have little problem when the mail server is doing dialout ppp and if some do
dialin ppp the mail server automatically disconnects the dialout ppp, can
anyone help us to resolve this problem.

2.We have written a small script for users to change their own passwd using
telnet. when the user do telnet it will prompt for his/her login id and it
again prompt for current password & then it prompt for new passwd when here
user puts his/her new passwd the system give message (passwd is too
short,password is a dictornary word,name as a password is not allowed) this
kind of messages gives & really one have to think to put  which not from
dictornay this to curbersome please can anyone how resolve this it normally
also to put users choice password there some solution to overcome this
please help.

D S Domal