Mail errors

Seems to have been a week of mail system errors (so far).

First, a VSNL server in Delhi lost its /etc/aliases.db or equivalent,
and bounced all messages.  I was the only one impacted from the list.

Next, MTNL's server in Delhi showed its true colours -- a subscribers
quota filled up, and the stupidly-configured kept resending error
messages back to the list instead of to the list owner -- when will
our net admins ever learn to configure stuff?  Linux-Delhi was badly
affected, perhaps Linux-India too.  I've had to unsubscribe the two
bol.net.in people from Linux-Delhi (actually Suman stepped in with
great alacrity and effectively dispatched his responsibilities --
thanks, Suman!)  I wonder if MTNL needs a messaging consultant? :-)

Now Hotmail is acting up -- I can send you the error messages if
anyone is interested.

My earlier motto used to be, ``Never trust a kernel you didn't compile
yourself''.  I think I'll change it now to, ``Never trust a mail
system you didn't setup yourself''.

Sorry for any inconvenience, folks.

Regards,

- -- Raju