Re: Kchess & Apt-find

Raghavendra Bhat <ragu@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello:  Can Arun Sharma, the developer of Kchess point out the home page
> of Kchess ?

There is no home page for KChess. I wrote it, published it and then
didn't find any interested developers. So I stopped developing it. But
most recently, Sartaj Singh Kang of KDE fame made a few modifications
to it - but I don't think he ever published them.

> What are the added features of Kchess over Gnuchess ?

KChess is a GUI frontend.  It can use Gnuchess or Crafty or any chess
engine as its brains. It communicates with the chess engine by
exchanging strings.

There is a program called xboard, which is the current standard
frontend for Gnuchess/Crafty etc. But xboards GUI is not very
nice. KChess was an attempt to improve upon xboard.

	-Arun