Re: Red Hat 6.0 with Modem- addendum

The files are /etc/ppp/options and /etc/resolv.conf .

> options file like this
>  0.0.0.0:

what is this entry for?? I have no such thing in my options.

> /dev/ttyS0 (where ttyS0 is my com 1 for com 2 ttyS1)
> defaultroute
> crtscts
> asyncmap 0
> mtu

Specify a value for mtu.. as mtu "576" or any value thats suitable for the
kind of telephone line you have. The noisier it is, the lesser should the
mtu be.

> resolv.conf
> search rs.internic.net

Or faster still "search <yourdomain>.vsnl.net.in>

Regards,
Sundeep.