Re: XF86Config

I have installed RH6.0 Kernel 2.2.5-15.I am not able to get the GUI working.

I have a Pixelview combo TV plus.This has a Cirrus Logoc 5446 chip and this
gets detected at the time of installation, It is also listed in the
database of cards. I have a Philips 14" SVGA Colour Monitor
withResoloutions from 640x480 VGA mode Hor.Freq.:31.5 Vert.Freq: 60  Non
interlaced, 800x600 VESA/56 mode, Hor.Freq.:35.2 Vert.freq. 56 Non
Interlaced and 1024x768 XGA mode,Hor.freq: 35.5 and Vert.freq:87 Interlaced.

Whenever I "startx" I get the first screen of Gnome/KDE and my system
hangs. No amount of Ctrl+Alt+ F1...F6,<- works.I have to use the reset
button.
I have used 'xf86config',
1. I have used Horizantal Sync range 31.5-35.2,SuperVGA @56Hz and vertical
Sync as 50-90

2.I have tried using the Xf86_SVGA server using resoloutions of 640x480 and
800x600 but I have the same problem.

I have tried the Xf86_VGA16 server and it works but all the icons,fonts etc
are so huge I cannot read anything and this is of no practical use.

How do I use the Xf86_SVGA server to work.

Note: I was able to use RH5.2 with KDE from PCQ on my
P60,32MbRAM,2.1GBHDD.I am now using a PII350 with 64MBRAM and the same HDD
and I just cannot get to use the GUI ,ditto for RH5.2 of PCQ.

Thanks,
Gerry Mascarenhas