Re: Red Hat 6.0 with Modem

pldevand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to configure a modem with red hat linux 6.0.
>
> thanks,
> sachin devand

hi  hakeem ,
                        just add these lines in your otions and resolv.conf

file in usr/etc/ppp and usr/etc directory
options file like this
 0.0.0.0:
/dev/ttyS0 (where ttyS0 is my com 1 for com 2 ttyS1)
defaultroute
crtscts
asyncmap 0
mtu

resolv.conf
search rs.internic.net
nameserver 202.54.30.1( what ever name server you have)
nameserver 202.54.30.2

save the files and restart

fire minicom  using the command minicom -s while being root or su.

change the serial port options to whatever you have given in  options file
save the configuration
exit
and dial your number giving the command atdt172222( in my case )
press a ctrl then q seperately
you will come back to shell
type pppd
and you are connected .

there is easier way of doin it also u can use kppp if you are using KDE.

bye

s.goswami
http://www.sholay.com
http://www.sansad.com