Re: Anshul--SQUID on LINUX 6.0

Dear Mr. Jitendra,

Yes, it looks for dns server.  After going through the squid.conf file, I
saw a dns-test tag in the config file where it looks for internic, usc,
colorado, mit, yale domains.  I think that's where the error is coming.

- - ravindra

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, micropro wrote:

> Dear Anshul,
> is it needed to configure DNS ? just hosts file will not do ?
> I have configured it in 5.2 with host file only .
>
> Please help
>

> Jitendra.
>

> >Hi,
> >For resolution of names u have to configure DNS server on ur machine, read
> >DNS_HOWTO or just install dns from PCQ-mar CD(Atul Sir has written some
> >scripts which installs dns on ur machine).
> >-anshul
> >
> >On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, micropro wrote:
> >

> >> Dear Friends,
> >>
> >> I have installed Redhat 6.0 .I am configuring it for proxy with SQUID.
> >>
> >> I am getting following error
> >> unable to resolve the host name.
> >>
> >> please kindly help to resolv the problem.
> >>

> >> Jitendra

> >> thoroughly ignored and derisively sniggered at in private.

> >thoroughly ignored and derisively sniggered at in private.

> thoroughly ignored and derisively sniggered at in private.

   ___________/-\___________       %  B. Raveendra Reddy
   ~~/\~~~~~~~| |~~~~~~~/\~~       %  National Law School of India University
    /  \      | |      /  \        %  P. B. No. 7201, Nagarabhavi
   /    \     | |     /    \       %  Bangalore - 560 072
           /=======\               %  E-mail: ravi@xxxxxxxxxxxx