Training Standards

Hello,

I would like to draw the collective attention of this group to issues
related to training in linux.  If work on this is already in progress, I
would like to join in... otherwise let me kick off by contributing my 2
cowries.

What I propose is a nationwide cirriculum and sort of centralised
certification board.  Institutes wishing to provide linux training under
this brand would be welcome on a non-exclusive basis.  If this is carried
out under the Indian Linux Users Group banner, it would achieve the two
objectives of providing credibility and generating funds.

In my opinion, the areas where we can initially design courses for is "basic
user", "basic administrator", "programmer", "network administrator",
"internet administrator".

The courses should be as rich in content as possible without any dumbing
down at all.

Since this is just a kick off, I do not want to give much direction.  It
would be a much richer experience for all concerned if we leave the field as
open as possible for about a month, before starting to add details.

regards

kinjal dixit