Re: At The Speed Of Lynx?

"Gaurav Bhatnagar" <vijayb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have noticed that with my same dial up connection, while i can commonly
> access any website at an average 4-6k/sec thru' lynx , netscape accesses the
> same site at barely 1k/sec. While it is understandable that netscape
> downloads images and thus takes longer to display the same page shudnt the
> download speed be same?

That's assuming that what Netscape tells you is reliable
information. The right way to compare is to download two large files
with Netscape and then Lynx and compare the times. These tests will
tell you about throughput, but not latency. My gut feeling is that
Netscape has a much higher latency than Lynx, because of sheer
complexity.

	-Arun