Regarding Trouble During Installation

Hi all
    I have installed Linux (Redhat 5.2 to be precise) for many time for self
and friends. I didn't have a problem like this before.
    I Installed Redhat linux 5.2 from PCQ CD, every thing was fine. but when
install was over I rebooted the machine, and it gave me only 'LI' at the
startup and nothing else and stuck up. what may be the problem.
        Previously I asked for using 2.1GB HDD for linux on 486 machine
without LBA support and somebody today me that linux doesnot uses BIOS for
accessing HDD. so I proceeded with the Installation of linux on this 2.1GB
HDD, linux recognised it and did everything for the same i.e partitioned
using fdisk. but ater reboot it stuck up.
    And also the networking section of Installation didn't recognised my
NE2000 ethernet card, it was working fine with my previous installation of
Linux

please help me to solve the problem.

TIA

- -Nitin

PS: I have my old 340HDD with me, can it be of any help.
        I used MASTER Boot Record for LILO.