ISDN TA - Remote Login setup?

Hello again,

This time with a different question/problem.  I am able to dial-out to
vsnl thru the ISDN TA (external).  The DoT has given one analog line
(DoT usually gives 2 analog lines for every ISDN subscriber - in our case,
we are pestering the local DoT officials to give another analog port which
they haven't yet given!) which originates out of the ISDN TA.  I am
setting up remote login with a 33.6k modem for which I am using the ISDN
TA's analog line.  The mgetty is set from inittab and the log files shows
it is waiting for "RING".  But when I dial the analog number, it doesn't
'pickup'.  I can hear the ring on the phone that is hooked to "phone" port
on the modem.

When I try the same setup with a direct analog line, it works.  I want
somebody to help me out of this.

I am on redhat linux 6.0 (CHIP edition) with kernel 2.2.5
I followed pap based ppp setup based on March PCQ "Remote Login" article.

Please help me.

- -gnana