Re: query: shell a/c for mail download

I guess you could do this manually. From your shell a/c do a :
sz $MAIL
This will download your mail onto your comp.
Then just append the downloaded file onto your local mail
file in your /var/spool/mail/

cat mailfile >> /var/spool/mail/user
Then you can see all your mail offline on your favourite mail prog.
( pine etc )
You can also write a script that can be used with minicom to automate the
above procedure.
check out -  man runscript

Hope this helps.
Cheers.