Re: fetchmail

Dear Manoj and Anshul,
     Please put these lines in .fetchmailrc in preferably the root
directory and make it read only ( it HAS to be read only for the thing to
work, i believe ).

     set daemon=0
     poll md4.vsnl.net.in with protocol POP3
     user msridhar is * here
     password embratel

replace md4.vsnl.net.in with your POP server and the username msridhar and
passwd embratel with the username and passwd that you have in your POP
server respectively.

     And to run fetchamil, just put the following command in an executable
file
     fetchmail -k -a -v

     -k : doesn't delete messages on remote server
     -a : retrieves all messages, including those already read
          ( useful the first time you use fetchmail )
     -v : verbose

  there are 2 more options ( -d and -N ). I don't remember if they are
important, but please check them out before you run fetchmail.

Hope it works ! If it does, say your thanks to Atul for the brilliant and
really clear article in PCQ ( with RHL 5.0 ) on how to get both outgoing
and incoing mail going. You will see that whatever I have written here is
exactly what Atul had written there. Hats off to him once again.

regards
Mani Sridhar