Re: [Linux as gateway and DNS]

According to Zameer Ahmed:

> SySo wrote:
>
> >1) DNS dies down after booting, =
>
> >   It has to be started after booting manually
> 	Did you set execution at boottime using ntsysv in RHL 5.2
Yes, I have started named in ntsysv, after some time named dies down
with the message
FATAL: IPCACHE_init: DNS lookup tests failed
and I have to regularly restart named

> >2) I am able to connect to the internet through the ISDN line
> >   on the linux machine =
>
> >   I have enabled internet gaatewaying by way of the pcqupdate
> 	Did you set FORWARD_IPV4=3Dtes in /etc/sysconfig/network file?
Yes, this is done ,
I have a pristige Zyxel ISDN hub which is 192.168.1.130
and on the linux machine I have two internet interfaces
one is 192.168.1.50 and the other is 192.168.50.99
while I am able to surf the internet on the linux machine through the
ISDN Zyxel hub, if I connect any other windows machine which is on the
other netork 192.168.50.0 , whose gateway is set to 192.168.1.99
I am not able to connect to the internet throug the isdn link.
The moment I invoke internet explorer to connect to some site say
www.pcquest.com, the isdn hub comes up and connects outside but
the IE gives the message server not found .
Any hint will be useful.
All the windows machine here are on dynamic ips leased by a NT server
what all info has to be given by the dhcp which is on NT ?
In this case who will do the name rresolution for the external addresses
as the NT server is intrnal it has only a name server which resolves internsl
addresses and the ISDN hub does point to the vsnl name server, but will this work on the
other side of the router??
I am not able to resolve this ??
any help?
nps