Remote Administration of Internet Connection

Hi all,
How can i connect/disconnect internet connection from remote machine on
network. Also tell me how can i enable telnet, FTP etc on all the
machines. Im using RH5.2 and squid.
Also i have to restart squid many a times. It's not able to serve the
requests from all the clients in network. It gives message dns name lookup
failure. When i restart squid everything start working fine.
Please help me. This is my fourth problem, i hope this one will not remain
unanswered like others.
- -anshul