What is Linux I2O User Space Interface ???

Hello gurus,

        There is a new feature in the 2.3.x series called i2o. After
hacking the sources I couldnt make head or tail of it. What
functionality does it add to the system?

        Deepak Saxena (deepak.saxena@xxxxxxxxx) is the original coder as
well as the current maintainer of i2o. Perhaps he can answer it but i do
not think he is on the list.

        This brings me to another questions - Why aren't there many
Indians who are actively developing GNU/Linux on the list??? I know of
only two currently - the infamous Al Dev (Alavoor Vasudevan) and our
very own Debian developer, Manoj . I am sure u know them all, Thaths.

        Looking forward to ur comments.

- -- Shanu

  Shanker Balan                                Debian/GNU Linux 2.1
  St. Alberts College
  Cochin  India