Re: reswaping too fast

Nayan Mitra wrote:

> Hi
> I am getting an error as
> "reswaping too fast : disabled for 5 minutes"
> I can't do anything. the message goes on coming

Hey Mitra,
	Is it "respawning too fast" or "reswaping too fast"???. Well, i think u
have cluttered up ur rc.d files. Reinstalling the base system is ur best
bet. In RHL, u cannot do a base only install, In debian u can :-).

	U can try repairing it by booting to a diff runlevel. This is achived
by giving the runlevel number at the lilo prompt. Suppose u want to boot
to runlevel 2 u would have to give...

LILO: linux 2

- -- Shanu
  Shanker Balan                                 Debian/GNU Linux 2.1
  St. Alberts College
  Cochin