Re: Installing RH 6.0 from CHIP CD

Milesh Kumar <mileshk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> asked
> Can anybody tell me what is to be done to install RH 6.0 from the CHIP
> CD? I'd like to know about the pre-installation partition scheme
> required? I have a 4GB hard disk with a 2GB primary partition and 1GB
> extended partition. The remaining 1GB is free and is not assigned to any
> OS. Is this sufficient or should I do something else? I booted from the
> CD and the installation program reports that there's not enough disk
> space if I try a Workstation installation. Any idea as to what is
> happening and what is to be done???

I have not installed RH6.0 so there may be few difference - but the general
procedure is

1. Boot Linux - use bootable CD, Boot Floppy or Loadlin
2. Run fdisk (Linux version) to create linux partition
3. Run setup to install various packages and configure

Have U run fdisk to create a linux partition?

- - Soumya