RE: Getting Linux back - pls hlp

Relazzz. Relazzz...Rahul,
Nothing is gone wrong, so cool down....

(a) Use you rescue disk... and type at the LILO prompt linux
root=/dev/hdaN
where N is the partion number of your root partition.

(c) Hmm.. (a) Failed... insert your PCQ Linux CD, boot the system from
CD and type linux root=/dev/hdaN

(c) Hmm.. (b) Failed... insert your PCQ Linux CD, boot the system from
CD and use the rescue image..

(d) Even (b) failed, insert the PCQ Linux CD, boot the system from CD,
use the default image (by pressing [Enter]) and select Upgrade... keep
on selecting the easy way out [ie avoid writing on the disk type
options] and install the LILO boot loader...

If plan (a), (b) (c) and (d) fails.. well ...:((.. Best of luck in
reinstallation...

Guys, We need to a FAQ on this one.. now!!
Shashank Banerjee
Software Consultant, Communications Division
DCM Data Systems
Vikrant Towers, 4, Rajendra Place, NEW DELHI - 110 008, INDIA
Ph: +91-11-5719967-76/E-mail: shashankb@xxxxxxxxxxx