Re: Yamaha sound card

Thanks for the response. I have installed RH 6.0 RH52. didn't
reci=ognise automatically. But for the same setting of BIOS,(I didn't
check ) in RH 6.0 card is recognised automatically.

Kalyan Sampath Ganji wrote:

> Hello Gandhi,
>
> A YAMAHA sound card (YM719) is straight away recognised by sndconfig
> try using OPL3 sa2/3/x driver and set the dma2 setting as 1 and all others
> are defaults.
>
> ****you have to change the setting in BIOS if it says PNP OS installed: YES
> ther's a problem if it is set to YES. Try setting to NO and you get the sound.
> It recognises the card as WSS.

- --
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA
http://www.poboxes.com/lvgandhi  lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxx,
lvgandhi@xxxxxxxx,  31882656@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx