Re: Want to start coding in Linux !!

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 N_Dinesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> hi ,
>
>      Iam very interested in developing network applications on Linux, can
> anyone help me
> where to start any books, site etc, I have sufficient experience in coding
> on windows platform

I would only say that the ultimate reference to all UNIX/linux network
coding is "UNIX NETWORK PROGRAMMING" by W. Richard Stevans. It contains an
introduction to general programming in UNIX and then moves on to
networking. If you have never developed conventional programs in UNIX, I
suggest you also buy his other book "Advanced programming in the UNIX
environment" (Addisson Welsley International student edition available
now). The book by comers is also considered good on networking, but
frankly it stands nowhere to the work by Stevans.

Both books are relatively cheap (sub 200 bucks).

Regards,

Lokesh Setia.